Search Issue Tracker
[iOS] Frame skipping on iOS11 devices
The project had shown serious fps degradation when working under iOS11 (it was working as expected under iOS10).
Devices, where the problem is most apparent: iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air 1.
CPU spikes in Unity Profiler were noticed (they were not present under iOS10).
Yet, XCode doesn’t show any significant changes in FPS, but they are nonetheless present, visible in the form of constant frame skips. XCode profiler doesn’t show any changes in CPU / GPU general load either.
1. Build and Run user's project on iOS11 device (use development build)
2. Attach Unity Profiler
3. In device: toggle the post-effects stack by pressing “PostFX disabled”
4. Compare results with the same device running iOS10
Result: iOS11 payer skips frames (although, fps count stays the same), spikes in Unity Profiler.
iPad Air iOS9.1
iPad Air iOS11.0
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode
- Memory gets allocated for GC each frame when using PrefabStageUtility.GetPrefabStage
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- [Preset] Some properties cannot be excluded from Texture Importer Preset through the Inspector window