Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[iOS] Crash in libobjc.A.dylib`objc_msgSend during AssetBundle download
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download & Open the project
2. Build the project to iOS using BuildInfoList.asset (found in Assets folder)
3. Throttle your iOS device's internet connection.
I used "Network Link Conditioner" from Xcode tools (and then shared the Ethernet connection to the phone via Wi-Fi) with these settings:
Downlink: Bandwidth - 2 Mbps, Packets dropped 0%, Delay 10ms
Uplink: Bandwidth - 1 Mbps, Packets dropped 0%, Delay 10ms
4. Deploy the game to iOS device
5. Select "Dev QA" in the initial scene
6. After the game loads, follow the instructions onscreen (go through the tutorial)
The game constantly downloads data from the background, at some point (usually ~1 minute into tutorial) it crashes.
Result: Crash in libobjc.A.dylib`objc_msgSend + 16
Reproduced on: 5.6.3f1
Fixed in 5.6/2017.1/2/3 and 2018
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes