Search Issue Tracker
Third Party Issue
[iOS] CPU spikes on taps when using iPhone 13 Pro
1. Download and open the attached "FpsStabilityTest2019.zip" project
2. Build and deploy to iOS with profiler attached
3. Tap on the device
4. Observe the profiler
Expected result: No CPU spikes appear when tapping the device
Actual result: CPU spikes appear in the profiler
Reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.23f1, 2021.2.4f1, 2022.1.0a16
Not reproducible with:
Reproduced with: iPhone 13 Pro (iOS 15.0.0)
Could not reproduce with: iPhone 12 Pro (iOS 14.2.1), iPhone 6S (iOS 13.3.1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
- Async Scene load operation with allowSceneActivation set to false completes when refocusing the Editor
Resolution Note (2022.1.X):
On iPhone 13 Pro when the ProMotion is enabled and app is running on 120 FPS it drops to 60 FPS for the single frame where initial touch happened. This is coming from OS and we can do nothing about it. If the spikes are interfering with an app in a meaningful way you can disable ProMotion functionality for the app by deleting CADisableMinimumFrameDurationOnPhone and CADisableMinimumFrameDuration keys in the Info.plist of your app.