Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
[iOS] Changing the screen orientation via a script sometimes results in corrupted view on iOS 10
When the orientation of the screen is changed via a script (with Screen.orientation) on iOS 10 devices, sometimes the screen remains in portrait orientation, but the game view gets flipped and goes over the edge of the screen and leaves black area in the bottom part of the screen.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project.
2) Build 'MainScene' for iOS.
3) Run on an iOS 10 device.
4) Press the 'Switch to landscape' UI button.
If the button is clicked 2-3 seconds after launch - the rotation should fail - black area appears at the bottom of the screen, half of the game view is not visible. If it does not, quit the app completely, re-launch it and repeat step 5). This occurs with both Metal and OpenGLES on iOS 10.
5.5.0b5, 5.4.1p3, 5.3.6p6
iPhone 7 iOS 10 - reproduced
iPhone 7 iOS 10.1 - reproduced
iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.0.2 - reproduced
iPhone 5 iOS 10 - not reproduced
iPad Mini 2 iOS 10 - not reproduced
iPhone 5S iOS 9.2.1 - not reproduced
It should also be reproducible on iPhone 6.
iPhone 6S iOS 10.2 - reproducible
Fixed in 2017.1.0b10, 5.6.2p1, 5.5.4p1, 5.4.5p4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Stacktrace sentries are enabled in development builds of Windows and Mac standalone players with IL2CPP scripting backend
- Windows and Mac standalone players with IL2CPP do not have null checks enabled in non-development builds
- Class layout is not working properly when changing scripting define symbols in a build
- [Editor] Editor window, Panel and all related managed object are leaking
- Light Probe settings "Use Proxy Volume" color is saturated