Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.4
[iOS] Asset bundles downloaded through LoadFromCacheOrDownload are backed up to iCloud
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Build the project for iOS
3. Run the project on a device that has iCloud set up
4. Wait a few minutes for all the asset bundles to finish downloading
5. When done, go to Settings/iCloud/Storage & Backup/Manage Storage and click on the current device
6. Notice that the application is taking up to 1GB of backup space
Workaround: Update the UnityUpdateNoBackupFlag function in Filesystem.mm file in Xcode project with this:
extern "C" int UnityUpdateNoBackupFlag(const char* path, int setFlag)
NSURL* URL= [NSURL fileURLWithPath: [NSString stringWithUTF8String: path]];
if(![[NSFileManager defaultManager] fileExistsAtPath: [URL path]])
NSError *error = nil;
BOOL success = [URL setResourceValue: [NSNumber numberWithBool: YES]
forKey: NSURLIsExcludedFromBackupKey error: &error];
NSLog(@"Error excluding %@ from backup %@", [URL lastPathComponent], error);
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
May 18, 2016 18:00
For others, the fix is actually in 5.3.4p1 - the first patch release for version 5.3.4
May 18, 2016 17:56
This bug still exists in 5.3.4f1. How do we reopen this issue?
May 04, 2016 11:26
Still reproduce in 5.3.4f1
May 04, 2016 11:25
Unity 5.3.4f1: bug is still reproduced. Workaround works, thanks!
Mar 07, 2016 22:20
This caused us an app rejection (with some critical bug fixes) due to iCloud usage. Severity is quite high as the workaround is kludgy and impractical for automated build systems.
Thanks to whoever reported the problem and added the workaround ;)