Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.X
[iOS 15] Screen.safeArea.width returns incorrect value when device's orientation is switched to landscape mode
1. Open the attached project "safeArea.zip"
2. Build and Deploy the project on a device
3. Hold the device in Portrait mode and rotate it to switch to landscape mode
4. Observe the values displayed in the Build
Expected result: The first value in the line "Safe" is smaller than the first value in the line "Real"
Actual result: The first value in the line "Safe" is equal to the first value in the line "Real"
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.2.2f1, 2022.1.0a13
- iPhone 13 (iOS 15.0)
Does not reproduce on:
- iPhone 12 mini (iOS 14.1)
- iPhone 6 (iOS 12.4.8, safe area is supposed to be equal to actual)
- iPhone 7 (iOS 12.3.1, safe area is supposed to be equal to actual)
Feb 14, 2022 15:28
Any news on a potential back-port to 2020.3 LTS?
Jan 20, 2022 12:32
An estimate on, when or in which version of 2020.3.X this fix will be included, would be great.
It is blocking our iOS release and we were hoping it would be part of Unity 2020.3.26.
Jan 13, 2022 16:18
Is there any plans to integrate this fix into the 2019 LTS?
Jan 06, 2022 06:03
For other developers that can't wait for a backport of this fix to Unity 2020, you can install the latest Unity 2022.1.0 beta and then copy the following files back to Unity 2020 from the PlaybackEngines/iOSSupport/Trampoline/Classes folder:
Jan 03, 2022 10:57
A fix in LTS Versions would be great! We still have apps on Unity 2018.4.34.
The bug occurs, if apps are built with XCode 13.x and then only occur on iOS15.x devices. iOS 14.x works.
If the apps are built with older XCode, for example XCode 12.5.1, then the safeArea works on iOS 14 and iOS 15 devices.
Dec 23, 2021 21:33
Same problem here!
Dec 16, 2021 20:26
Please back-port to 2020.3 LTS, ASAP. We were hoping this would be in 2020.3.25f1, but alas it was not fixed. Apple released iOS 15 on September 20th, so we've had to put up with this bug for almost 3 months now. If you have a work-around, please post code. Thanks!
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Fixed in 2022.1.0a14
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.32f1