Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
"Invalid texture used for cursor" Warning shown when tiles are selected in Tile Palette window
When you select a tile to paint with from the Tile Palette window, the following warning will be displayed in the Console:
Invalid texture used for cursor - check importer settings
UnityEditorInternal.EditMode:ChangeEditMode(SceneViewEditMode, Bounds, IToolModeOwner) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/EditMode.cs:294)
1. Install Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Open the Tile Palette Window
4. Select the "Tiles" palette
5. Select a tile to paint with
Warning appears in the Console.
No warnings should appear in the Console.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Dec 07, 2022 07:48
The above solution did not work for me using the Tile Palette Window. But I found a solution that worked for me. I found a way to fix this error in 2020.3.42f1 and I'm sure it would work on 2018.x and 2019.x as well. Click on the texture to use as a cursor, then change it from Sprite(2D and UI) to Cursor in Texture Type. Click on the Advanced drop-down arrow and for Alpha Source change it to Input Texture Alpha, check the Alpha Is Transparent box, if it's checked, uncheck the Ignore PNG file gamma, click the Read/Write Enabled box, and on Generate Mip Maps, uncheck the box. And down in format for default change it to RGBA 32bit and also change it if you are building for PC, WebGL, and Android to the same RGBA 32bit. Not sure if these are the settings needed for iOS or Mac builds, as I don't have an Apple product to test this on.