Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Instantiating non-readable texture crashes Unity on Texture2D::AwakeFromLoad
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open "scene" scene
3. Select Directional Light, change Obj Array size to 1 and attach Texture
4. Play the scene and notice error
- Instantiating a non-readable 'Texture' texture is not allowed! Please mark the texture readable in the inspector or don't instantiate it.
5. Select Texture in the project so it stays open in Inspector
6. Build and Run the project (Standalone)
- Player crashes
7. Play the scene
- Editor crashes
Note: If you miss step 5, Editor will not crash.
Expected result: Player and Editor doesn't crash when trying to instantiate non-readable texture
Workaround: mark texture as readable - Select texture -> change texture type to Advanced -> select Read/Write enabled and apply.
Reproducible: 5.3.6p7, 5.4.2f1, 5.5.0b9
Not reproducible: 5.2.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)
- [Device Simulator] When simulator window is narrow, toolbar controls deform and some become inacessible
- Black albedo when using Enlighten Realtime GI in HDRP Player