Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Instantiating non-readable texture crashes Unity on Texture2D::AwakeFromLoad
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open "scene" scene
3. Select Directional Light, change Obj Array size to 1 and attach Texture
4. Play the scene and notice error
- Instantiating a non-readable 'Texture' texture is not allowed! Please mark the texture readable in the inspector or don't instantiate it.
5. Select Texture in the project so it stays open in Inspector
6. Build and Run the project (Standalone)
- Player crashes
7. Play the scene
- Editor crashes
Note: If you miss step 5, Editor will not crash.
Expected result: Player and Editor doesn't crash when trying to instantiate non-readable texture
Workaround: mark texture as readable - Select texture -> change texture type to Advanced -> select Read/Write enabled and apply.
Reproducible: 5.3.6p7, 5.4.2f1, 5.5.0b9
Not reproducible: 5.2.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh