Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Instanced Terrain shadows are flickering when no Shadow Cascades and Close Fit Shadow Projection are used and camera is moving
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Case_1257896"
2. Open the SampleScene
3. Move the Camera around the Scene
4. Observe the Terrain shadows while the camera is moving
Expected result: Terrain shadows display no flickering
Actual result: Terrain shadows are severely flickering
Reproducible with: 2018.4.25f1, 2019.4.4f1, 2020.1.0b16, 2020.2.0a18
1. Settings required for the issue to occur are: Draw Instanced for the Terrain, Shadow Projection -> Close Fit, Shadow Cascades -> No Cascades
2. Happens both in Scene and Game views
3. The legacy renderer was used for the testing
4. Graphics APIs tested - D3D11, D3D12, Vulkan and Metal
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] Lit/Unlit particles are not compiled with new ShaderGraph integration
- Terrain is not affected by Environmental Lighting when Draw Instanced is turned on
- UI Toolkit: Gaps between VisualElements with Grow 1, when scaled with "Scale With Screen Size"
- Scrollbar does not appear in ScrollView when flex-grow of TextField is set to 1
- [Linux] Editor crashes at "DisconnectGtkSignal(void*, GtkCallbackResponse (*)(), void*)" when opening floating windows