Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.0.X
Inspector preview incorrectly adds invalid color data to mesh
1) What happened
Inspector preview incorrectly adds invalid color data to mesh even when material/shader doesnt require them. Console is filled with warning messages "Shader wants normals, but the mesh doesn't have them".
2) How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
1. Open "Test" scene.
2. Enter play mode.
3. Select "GameObject".
4. Double-click "Mesh" value within "MeshFilter" component.
5. Notice that inspector reports "4 verts, 2 tris uv,colors" and that console window is filled with warning messages.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first
- Graphics.DrawProceduralIndirect and Graphics.DrawProceduralNow silently dropped on DX12