Search Issue Tracker
Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first
How to reproduce:
1. Open any project
2. In the Project Browser select an Asset
3. In the Inspector for that Asset scroll down to the very bottom to "AssetBundle"
4. Observe the "AssetBundle" label
5. Observe the second drop-down menu without label
6. Try and create "something" new in the second dropdown menu
Expected result: "AssetBundle" has spacing -> "Asset Bundle" (Editor Design Consistency), The second dropdown menu has to have a label or other form of indication as to what it is (Asset Bundle variant). The second dropdown menu should not be available/enabled if the Asset Bundle is not set
Actual result: "AssetBundle" has no spacing, second dropdown menu has no indication as to what it is. If user is setting a variant name without setting the Asset Bundle first, the error "Cannot set the AssetBundle variant "asdasdas" for asset "Assets/New Render Texture.renderTexture" as the AssetBundle name hasn't been set.
Please set the AssetBundle name before setting the AssetBundle variant." is logged
Reproducible with: 2021.3.29f1, 2022.3.10f1, 2023.1.14f1, 2023.2.0b11, 2023.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset