Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.15f1, 2023.1.0a20
Fix In Review for 2022.2.0f1
Unknown (hidden) 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2022.1.X
Incorrect near planeSize.y calculation at CameraEditorUtils.cs
In the 'TryGetSensorGateFrustum' method in the CameraEditorUtils.cs (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/UnityCsReference/blob/master/Editor/Mono/Inspector/CameraEditorUtils.cs) the near plane size calculation is different form far plane size and includes a typo.
Far: planeSize.y = camera.farClipPlane * Mathf.Tan(Mathf.Deg2Rad * camera.fieldOfView * 0.5f);
Near: planeSize.y = 2.0f * camera.nearClipPlane * Mathf.Tan(Mathf.Deg2Rad * camera.fieldOfView * 0.5f);
The near planeSize.y multiplication by 2 seems incorrect as it is not required and has not been spotted before as the near plane calculation is never called in any editor code and the near vector array is always passed in as null so the conditional check always skips that part of the code.
Reproducible with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.35f1, 2021.3.4f1, 2022.1.3f1, 2022.2.0a16
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Background tint doesn't work for sprites when using transitions
- [UI Toolkit] Dimensions of a parent element do not include padding when used in anchors of an absolute positioned children element
- [Linux] Mouse escapes the application window when using CursorLockMode.Locked
- Undo shortcut doesn't work when reverting values in the Increment Snapping toolbar
- [UIToolkit] Button style of List View are displayed as mouse is hovering over them when created in Overlay