Search Issue Tracker
Incorrect import when a skinned mesh has vertices unassigned
When importing fbx with a skinned mesh that has vertices not assigned to any joint, they get arbitrarily get set to 1.
1. Open 'UnassignedVertices.fbx' in Maya/Max/Blender etc.
2. Play animation and notice that some vertices are unaffected by bones
3. Import fbx in Unity, Play animation
Expected result: Animation plays the same, unassigned vertices are supported
Actual results: Animation is incorrect, but you get a warning:
'ImportFBX Warnings: Mesh 'XYX' has # (out of #) vertices with no weight and bone assigned (they will be assigned to bone #0 with weight 1).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Missing `localhost` in the `hosts` file configuration could cause the Unity Package Manager server to fail to start
- Wrong scaling in shadow mask scene view mode
- Type.GetField() works differently in IL2CPP from Mono
- Splitter resize cursors flicker on Linux and Windows
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project