Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Improved Prefabs] Exception appears while Prefab Asset replaced by its child
1. Add empty GameObject 'Root' and 'Cube'
2. Parent 'Cube' under the 'Root'
3. Make a prefab out of it
4. Open 'Root' in Prefab Mode
5. Drag 'Cube' onto 'Root' Prefab Asset in Project Browser
==> Confirmation dialog appears
6. Choose 'Replace Anyway'
==> ArgumentException: Cyclic nesting detected appears in Console
Note: Works as expected - 'Root' replaced by 'Cube'
Note: Autosave needs to be enabled, otherwise the error only appears when exiting Prefab Mode.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Crash on memcpy when building for Android Platform
- Cannot create DropdownField with nested choices when using UIToolkit
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue