Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Improved Prefabs] Exception appears while Prefab Asset replaced by its child
1. Add empty GameObject 'Root' and 'Cube'
2. Parent 'Cube' under the 'Root'
3. Make a prefab out of it
4. Open 'Root' in Prefab Mode
5. Drag 'Cube' onto 'Root' Prefab Asset in Project Browser
==> Confirmation dialog appears
6. Choose 'Replace Anyway'
==> ArgumentException: Cyclic nesting detected appears in Console
Note: Works as expected - 'Root' replaced by 'Cube'
Note: Autosave needs to be enabled, otherwise the error only appears when exiting Prefab Mode.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved