Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Improved Prefabs] Exception appears while Prefab Asset replaced by its child
1. Add empty GameObject 'Root' and 'Cube'
2. Parent 'Cube' under the 'Root'
3. Make a prefab out of it
4. Open 'Root' in Prefab Mode
5. Drag 'Cube' onto 'Root' Prefab Asset in Project Browser
==> Confirmation dialog appears
6. Choose 'Replace Anyway'
==> ArgumentException: Cyclic nesting detected appears in Console
Note: Works as expected - 'Root' replaced by 'Cube'
Note: Autosave needs to be enabled, otherwise the error only appears when exiting Prefab Mode.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- FP32 is used for a temporary when compiling a shader for GLES or Vulkan
- The highlight that was created with Highlighter.Highlight does not disappear when the window is closed with the element
- [URP] CommandBuffer warnings thrown while debugging Depth Overlays with Post-processing enabled in Rendering Debugger
- hlslcc: float image atomics don’t work
- [Apple silicon][M1] Game view FPS is very low when the view is moved to an external display