Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
[IL2CPP] "Faster (smaller) builds" prevents connections when using the Mirror plugin
1. Open the attached project "MirrorExample.zip"
2. Add the Scene "Assets/Mirror/Examples/Tanks/Scenes/Scene.unity" to the Build Settings
3. Ensure "Faster (smaller) builds" is enabled in either Player Settings, or Build Settings, depending on the version
4. Build and Run the Application to a device
5. In the Editor, enter Play Mode and click "Server Only" in the top left of the Game View
6. In the Build, top left of the screen, enter the local IP address of the device running the Editor and click "Client"
Expected result: A successful connection is established and a tank appears in the Scene
Actual result: Connection fails to be established
Reproducible with: 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1 ("Faster (smaller) builds" not available)
- The provided steps assume that the device running the Build and the device running the Editor are on the same network
- Does not reproduce with "Faster runtime"
- The issue has been reproduced using the following environments:
macOS Editor as Server, iOS device as Client
macOS Player as Server, iOS device as Client
iOS device as Server, macOS Player as Client
- The following environments did not reproduce the issue:
macOS Player as Server, macOS Editor as Client (Running on the same device)
macOS Editor as Server, macOS Player as Client (Running on the same device)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up