Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
[IL2CPP] "Faster (smaller) builds" prevents connections when using the Mirror plugin
1. Open the attached project "MirrorExample.zip"
2. Add the Scene "Assets/Mirror/Examples/Tanks/Scenes/Scene.unity" to the Build Settings
3. Ensure "Faster (smaller) builds" is enabled in either Player Settings, or Build Settings, depending on the version
4. Build and Run the Application to a device
5. In the Editor, enter Play Mode and click "Server Only" in the top left of the Game View
6. In the Build, top left of the screen, enter the local IP address of the device running the Editor and click "Client"
Expected result: A successful connection is established and a tank appears in the Scene
Actual result: Connection fails to be established
Reproducible with: 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1 ("Faster (smaller) builds" not available)
- The provided steps assume that the device running the Build and the device running the Editor are on the same network
- Does not reproduce with "Faster runtime"
- The issue has been reproduced using the following environments:
macOS Editor as Server, iOS device as Client
macOS Player as Server, iOS device as Client
iOS device as Server, macOS Player as Client
- The following environments did not reproduce the issue:
macOS Player as Server, macOS Editor as Client (Running on the same device)
macOS Editor as Server, macOS Player as Client (Running on the same device)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a5
This bug uncovered a problem in Il2Cpp and method invokers. A patch has been applied to address the issue and I have requested that the patch be applied to all LTS releases back to 2019.4.
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.1.0b7
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.14f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.31f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.38f1