Search Issue Tracker
If there is no code left to go through "Stop Debugging" in VS2015 crashes Unity editor
0) See gif attached in the edit.
1) Open attached project, proceed to scene 1.
2) Open "GameSettings" script in Visual Studio 2015 (22.214.171.124.0 D14REL).
3) Place break point(F9) at the start of Awake function.
4) Hit, Attach to Unity button and go to play mode in Unity.
5) Once code reaches breakpoint in VS click F11 to move down the code.
6) Hit red square ("Stop Debugging").
- Unity should crash.
Note 0: 5.1 Does not have "Attach to unity" button in VS UI and thus debugger is attached through Debug > Attach Unity Debugger. This does not result in a crash when stoping debugger. Also if you use this way to attach unity debugger in later versions it also does not crash the Editor.
Note 1: Pausing and then stopping debugging does not crash the editor.
Note 2: Does not crash with MonoDevelop 5.9.6
Reproduced with: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.1p3, 5.4.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)
- [Device Simulator] When simulator window is narrow, toolbar controls deform and some become inacessible
- Black albedo when using Enlighten Realtime GI in HDRP Player