Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[HoloLens] TouchScreenKeyboard doesn't report correct status or active values
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download 1141591_repro and open "new" scene
2. Enable XR and build a UWP project
3. Open Visual Studio solution and build the app for HoloLens
4. App launches with an opened keyboard. Close keyboard.
5. Check VS console
Results: when touch keyboard is closed TouchScreenKeyboard.active still returns TRUE and TouchScreenKeyboard.Status VISIBLE
Reproduced with: 2019.2.0a10, 2019.1.0b9, 2018.3.10f1, 2017.4.24f1
- not reproducible on HoloLens (in 2018.3 and 2017.4) when the app is launched in a non-XR mode
This continues to be a sticking issue with Microsoft's Mixed Reality Toolkit (MRTK), and so reopening the bug to see if we can find a reasonable fix.
The problem is ultimately due to race-conditions with the WinRT InputPane API; it's a poorly designed API that causes all sorts of problems, but maybe a workaround is possible.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 3D Sample Scene (HDRP) template tutorial Welcome Dialog pop-up doesn't appear on project creation
- [Profiler] The Addressable Asset Module module outputs an ArgumentException when asset GUIDs produce a hash collision with Addressables
- Huge amounts of tests have a start delay when pressing "Run All" in the Test Runner
- Blackboard: Double borders around the tooltip
- [WebGL]VideoPlayer Rendering stops when setting FilterMode of a texture downloaded with UnityWebRequestTexture.GetTexture()