Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[HoloLens] TouchScreenKeyboard doesn't report correct status or active values
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download 1141591_repro and open "new" scene
2. Enable XR and build a UWP project
3. Open Visual Studio solution and build the app for HoloLens
4. App launches with an opened keyboard. Close keyboard.
5. Check VS console
Results: when touch keyboard is closed TouchScreenKeyboard.active still returns TRUE and TouchScreenKeyboard.Status VISIBLE
Reproduced with: 2019.2.0a10, 2019.1.0b9, 2018.3.10f1, 2017.4.24f1
- not reproducible on HoloLens (in 2018.3 and 2017.4) when the app is launched in a non-XR mode
This continues to be a sticking issue with Microsoft's Mixed Reality Toolkit (MRTK), and so reopening the bug to see if we can find a reasonable fix.
The problem is ultimately due to race-conditions with the WinRT InputPane API; it's a poorly designed API that causes all sorts of problems, but maybe a workaround is possible.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader is rendered pink or not rendered at all in the Editor and Player when the Precision is set to "Half" in the Shader Graph and the Android or iOS Platform is selected
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications