Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
HoloLens jittering 3D model causing color separation possibly due to incorrect stabilization plane
1. What happened
3D models are jittering and much more unstable than before the 2017.2.0p1 release. The jittering causes extreme color separation on the HoloLens.
This issue applies to these Unity versions 2017.2.0p1, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.2.1f1, 2017.3.0
It does NOT happen when the project is build with 2017.1.1f1, 2017.1.2p4, 2017.2.0f3 so you may want to look at the differences between 2017.2.0f3 and 2017.2.0p1
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
Run the attached project on the HoloLens and wait for the white sphere to appear in front of you. Walk a few steps to the right or the left and see that jittering becomes worse at an angle of 45 degrees from the initial direction. If you move my head from left to right across that particular spot youcan trigger it again. Because of the rapid movement of the model it is experienced as extreme color separation when wearing the HoloLens, but I recorded a video of it and that showed that model quickly slides away and then comes back.
I looked at the stabilization plane that is used by running the HoloLens device Portal. It looks like the stabilization plane moves behind the viewer instead of staying in front. This may cause the instability.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scene View] Gizmos dropdown disappears while toggling Windzone checkbox with its tooltip open
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when upgrading project
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler