Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in xxx
Found in [Package]
HDRP Template - Graphics.CopyTexture causes errors when upgrading from 2020.2 to 2021.2.0a10
We test that older projects can be updated to the latest version of Unity. When updating the 2020.2 HDRP template project to 2021.3.0a10 we get the following error,
Graphics.CopyTexture source and destination have different master texture limits. Source 1, Destination 0
Upon opening the project this error appears 68 times and will reappear every time script compilation occurs. It stem from the script "Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/RenderPipeline/Utility/BlueNoise.cs file"
Steps to reproduce
- git clone email@example.com:johncrowe/HDRP-Template.git -b 2020.2
- Open in 2021.2.0a10
- If the errors don't appear in the console after the project loads try entering play mode.
Notice issue >> Graphics.CopyTexture source and destination have different master texture limits. Source 1, Destination 0
Reproduced: Windows 10 , Unity 2021.2.0a10, HDRP: 12.0.0
Not reproducible: Windows 10, Unity 2020.3.2f1, HDRP: 10.4.0
Oct 30, 2021 18:27
"we are going to recommand not using it"
Could you explain how to not using it in order for us to get rid of the error ?
Oct 19, 2021 02:57
The same in the Unity 2020.3.20f1
Apr 01, 2021 09:48
I have the same issue with Unity 2021.2.0a10 and a11, HDRP 12.0.0. The error message appear while entering play mode. During startup the error message is not showing.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Resolution Note (fix version xxx):
This problem is not an upgrade issue.
The 2020.2 branch on the provided repo is actually using "Half Res" quality texture (in Quality Settings) which is problematic in HDRP as it breaks internal textures. This is why we get CopyTexture errors on this particular case.
Since this feature is behaving poorly with SRPs in general we are going to recommand not using it until we have a proper way to change texture size for asset textures and not internal textures.
This is done in this PR: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Graphics/pull/4090