Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0b13, 2023.2.0a3
[HDRP] Shader errors are thrown in the Console window when switching to an unsupported Platform in Build settings
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project using 3D Sample Scene (HDRP) Template
2. Go to File > Build Settings and switch to Android or WebGL Platform
3. Observe the Console window
Expected results: Only the "Platform Android is not supported with HDRP." error is present in the Console window
Actual results: Shader errors are spammed in the Console window
Reproducible with: 10.10.0 (2020.3.40f1), 12.1.7 (2021.3.11f1), 13.1.8 (2022.1.17f1), 14.0.3 (2022.2.0b8), 15.0.1 (2023.1.0a11)
- No shader errors are spammed in the Console when the project is switched to the iOS Platform
- Reproducible with Android and WebGL Platforms
"Shader error in '[ButterFlies] [System] Update Particle': syntax error: unexpected token '#' at kernel CSMain at (59)/Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderVariablesFunctions.hlsl(119) (on gles3)"
"Shader error in '[FallingLeaves] [System] Initialize Particle': syntax error: unexpected token '#' at kernel CSMain at (59)/Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderVariablesFunctions.hlsl(119) (on gles3)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Vertex data is displaced when building with Addressables with Optimize Mesh Data enabled
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
Sep 22, 2022 02:10