Search Issue Tracker
Planned for 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X, 2022.2.X
Fix In Review for 2023.1.X
[HDRP][PathTracer] Flashing at first frame blow up the automatic progressive exposure and create an overexposed converged frame when using recorder with accumulation
Repro steps :
- Open attached project
- Open scene called "Outside"
- Check that the accumulation of the pathtracer is okay exposure wise
- Now open recorder and click on "start recording"
Expected : The image accumulated in game view and the image from the recorder (in Project/Recordings ) should be the same
Result : The actual image from the recorder is overexposed.
Additional info :
- Basically, there is a flash in the pathtracer at the first frame, most probably because the ambient probe is not ready (and all blac)
- Which cause the automatic exposure to blow up.
- And because the exposure is progressive, it doesn't have time to fall back to expected values. (With no progressive exposure, we don't have the problem)
- This does not repro if the sky is not visible (because the flashing only occurs on the sky)
- Windows 10
- Unity 2022.2.0a16
- HDRP 14.0.3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration
- Label with Dynamic Color is not getting Playmode tint in the UI Builder window
- Error "Could not create asset from Packages/com.unity.postprocessing/PostProcessing" when adding Post Processing package via Git URL for the first time