Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.19f1, 2022.2.0b8, 2023.1.0a8
[HDRP][PathTracer] Flashing at first frame blow up the automatic progressive exposure and create an overexposed converged frame when using recorder with accumulation
Repro steps :
- Open attached project
- Open scene called "Outside"
- Check that the accumulation of the pathtracer is okay exposure wise
- Now open recorder and click on "start recording"
Expected : The image accumulated in game view and the image from the recorder (in Project/Recordings ) should be the same
Result : The actual image from the recorder is overexposed.
Additional info :
- Basically, there is a flash in the pathtracer at the first frame, most probably because the ambient probe is not ready (and all blac)
- Which cause the automatic exposure to blow up.
- And because the exposure is progressive, it doesn't have time to fall back to expected values. (With no progressive exposure, we don't have the problem)
- This does not repro if the sky is not visible (because the flashing only occurs on the sky)
- Windows 10
- Unity 2022.2.0a16
- HDRP 14.0.3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window