Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.2.0
Found in [Package]
7.1.7, 7.1.6, 7.1.5
[HDRP] NullReferenceException is thrown continuously when "Lighting" Override is added to "New Volume Profile" asset
On adding "Screen Space Reflection" and "Ambient Occlusion" Override to "Volume Profile" asset throws NullReferenceException continuously when Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings is set to "None" also "Add Override button disappears, refer the attached video.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project with HDRP Template
2. Upgrade High Definition RP Package to 7.1.7
3. Edit > Project Settings > Graphics > Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings > None
4. Assets > Create > Volume Profile
5. Select "New Volume Profile in the Project Window
6. Inspector > Add Override > Lighting > Screen Space Reflection/AmbientOclusion
NullReferenceException is thrown continuously on adding "Lighting" Override to "New Volume Profile" asset and the "Add Override" button disappears.
Screen Space Reflection override attached to Volume Profile Assets without any exception being thrown and the "Add Override" button appears.
Suggestion: Instead of exceptions it will show the Scriptable Pipeline is not assigned.
2020.1.0a20, 2019.3.0f6, 2019.3.0b4 with package version 7.1.7, 7.1.5
Working fine on:
2020.1.0a1, 2019.3.0b4 with package version 7.1.2
Package Found version: 7.1.7, 7.1.6, 7.1.5
Package Working fine version: 7.1.2, 7.1.1
Windows 10 & macOS 10.14
Assigned Scriptable Render Pipeline in the Graphics Settings
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDScreenSpaceReflectionEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Editor/Lighting/Reflection/HDScreenSpaceReflectionEditor.cs:86)
UnityEditor.Rendering.VolumeComponentEditor.OnInternalInspectorGUI () (at Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Editor/Volume/VolumeComponentEditor.cs:225)
UnityEditor.Rendering.VolumeComponentListEditor.OnGUI () (at Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Editor/Volume/VolumeComponentListEditor.cs:225)
UnityEditor.Rendering.VolumeProfileEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Editor/Volume/VolumeProfileEditor.cs:25)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <bba5ae680bc14113ade3be5cc43cbed6>:0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Terrain Trees snap to random rotations when using a mixture of GPU Instancing and moving the Camera in Play Mode
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Player Input component help reference button does not link to docs