Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2023.2.X
Fixed in 2021.3.29f1, 2022.3.5f1, 2023.1.2f1
Under Consideration for 2023.3.X
[HDRP] New scene templates duplicate assets when saved.
Steps to reproduce :
* In an HDRP project
* Click on "File > New Scene"
* Select "Basic Indoors"
* Click "Create"
* Save the scene in the project
Expected : The scene is saved with only necessary assets in a same name folder as the scene file.
Result : The scene is saved, but the matching folder contains unnecessary duplicated assets:
* ❌ DefaultHDMaterial : This is a copy of the default material that HDRP assigns to new 3D primitives. While it can be handy to have a copy of it to easily edit the plane mesh provided with the scene, it is not necessary and replacing the unity read only default material by their own for editing is a known workflow from users.
* ✅ SkyandFogSettingsProfile: This is a copy of the volume that is used in the scene. It is very handy to have it here to allow to editor the rendering and visuals of the scene.
* ❌ .png image files: They are duplicates of image files used as icons for different components/scriptable objects that are referenced in the scene. They already exist in the HDRP or CoreRP packages and should not be copied over.
* This also happens with the Outdoors template, minor the material as it is not referenced in the scene.
* The issue doesn't occur in URP, even if the URP scene template also has a volume with a volume profile assigned.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)