Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
[HDRP][Metal][macOS 10.14] Unity freezes the whole OS or crashes when opening prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Metal_Repro.zip" project
2. Wait till shaders are compiled
3. Open the "Treasure_Chest_01" prefab
Actual result: Unity freezes the whole OS and graphical glitches appear (On user's project Unity just crashes).
Reproducible with: 2019.3.2f1 (7.1.8), 2020.1.0a24 (7.2.1), 2020.2.0a1 (7.2.1).
Not reproducible with: 2019.2.20f1 (6.9.2), 2019.3.0a11 (7.0.0).
- After reproducing the bug restarting your computer may be required. (Depends if it's possible to shut down Unity successfully)
- One of the crashes from user project seems to be a duplicate of case 1218754
- Even if Unity gets closed the graphical glitches in the OS stays (taskbars appear red and etc.)
- The crashes top stack traces:
-Not reproducible on OSX 10.15.x
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- No proper error message when mismatching player build and editor version
- MouseMoveEvent returns a positive Position when the Cursor leaves the Window
- Detail Maps packed differently in Built-in vs URP
- Editor crashes when compiling scripts if UNITY_DIAG_ENABLE_DOMAIN_RELOAD_TIMINGS environemnt variable is set
- ScriptableObject serialized fields get unassigned after importing when the 'Auto Refresh' is disabled