Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.2.1
Found in [Package]
[HDRP][Metal] Crash on GfxDeviceMetalBase::CommonDrawSetup when selecting shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "ShaderCrash.zip" project
2. Select ~build/assets_other/ShaderHack/DUMMY - CopyDepth asset
3. If Unity haven't crashed, reimport the ShaderHack.asset
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with: 2019.2.20f1 (6.9.2), 2019.3.2f1 (7.1.8), 2020.1.0a24 (7.2.1).
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1. (4.1.0).
- Not reproducible on Windows.
- Not reproducible without HDRP.
- 2018.4 (HDRP 4.1.0) doesn't crash, but causes an error when selecting shader:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.UpgradeResourcesIfNeeded () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-
- Same and one more different crash is reproducible in case 1219198
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated