Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.2.1
Found in [Package]
[HDRP][Metal] Crash on GfxDeviceMetalBase::CommonDrawSetup when selecting shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "ShaderCrash.zip" project
2. Select ~build/assets_other/ShaderHack/DUMMY - CopyDepth asset
3. If Unity haven't crashed, reimport the ShaderHack.asset
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with: 2019.2.20f1 (6.9.2), 2019.3.2f1 (7.1.8), 2020.1.0a24 (7.2.1).
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1. (4.1.0).
- Not reproducible on Windows.
- Not reproducible without HDRP.
- 2018.4 (HDRP 4.1.0) doesn't crash, but causes an error when selecting shader:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.UpgradeResourcesIfNeeded () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-
- Same and one more different crash is reproducible in case 1219198
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Hub doesn't install windows 10 sdk properly
- Crash building for iOS after canceling a build
- Reflective Shaders flicker when using Custom SRP Loop
- Terrain inspector is suggesting a shader which doesn't work
- [Search] Index Manager: Empty item in Include or Exclude list will be taken in count