Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.2.1
Found in [Package]
[HDRP][Metal] Crash on GfxDeviceMetalBase::CommonDrawSetup when selecting shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "ShaderCrash.zip" project
2. Select ~build/assets_other/ShaderHack/DUMMY - CopyDepth asset
3. If Unity haven't crashed, reimport the ShaderHack.asset
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with: 2019.2.20f1 (6.9.2), 2019.3.2f1 (7.1.8), 2020.1.0a24 (7.2.1).
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1. (4.1.0).
- Not reproducible on Windows.
- Not reproducible without HDRP.
- 2018.4 (HDRP 4.1.0) doesn't crash, but causes an error when selecting shader:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.UpgradeResourcesIfNeeded () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-
- Same and one more different crash is reproducible in case 1219198
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar