Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.2.1
Found in [Package]
[HDRP][Metal] Crash on GfxDeviceMetalBase::CommonDrawSetup when selecting shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "ShaderCrash.zip" project
2. Select ~build/assets_other/ShaderHack/DUMMY - CopyDepth asset
3. If Unity haven't crashed, reimport the ShaderHack.asset
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with: 2019.2.20f1 (6.9.2), 2019.3.2f1 (7.1.8), 2020.1.0a24 (7.2.1).
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1. (4.1.0).
- Not reproducible on Windows.
- Not reproducible without HDRP.
- 2018.4 (HDRP 4.1.0) doesn't crash, but causes an error when selecting shader:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.UpgradeResourcesIfNeeded () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-
- Same and one more different crash is reproducible in case 1219198
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] crash on il2cpp::os::Image::Initialize() on Application launch
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'