Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Fixed in 10.3.0, 11.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP] Mesh is not rendered when it is using HDRP Tessellation Shader and is Viewed from a certain perspective
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Case_1299116"
2. Open the OutdoorsScene
3. Observe the Game View - the Base gameObject is rendered
4. Select the Static/Base gameObject's material and change the used shader to HDRP/LitTessellation or HDRP/LayeredLitTessellation
5. Observe the Game View again
Expected results: The gameObject is rendered
Actual results: The gameObject is not rendered
Reproducible with: 7.5.2(2019.4.18f1), 10.2.2(2020.2.2f1), 11.0.0(2021.1.0b1)
Could not test with: 2018.4(HDRP was in early preview stage)
1. The gameObject is not rendered only from specific angles. If the Camera is moved slightly, the object will be rendered
2. Occurs in the Scene view as well as Game view
3. Tested with graphics APIs - D3D11, D3D12, Vulkan
4. Base gameObject was generated using ProBuilder, however, this can be reproduced when using identically sized built-in primitive shapes. Tested using a simple Cube stretched to the same dimensions and it would also be not rendered
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy