Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
[HDRP] Incorrectly allocated slots for Screen Space Shadows
Version tested: 2022.2.0a12
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open attached project, VFXShadowsTest scene
2) In HDRP set Max Screen Space Shadows to 4
3) Observe that the scene has 4 lights: dir (1 slot), point (1 slot), spot (1 slot), area (2 slots)
4) in Rendering Debugger/Light enable ScreenSpaceShadows debug mode
5) Scrub Screen Space Shadow Index and observe that the same dir light shadow is bound to indices 0 and 1
Bonus to this bug
We have 4 lights (5 slots) but area light shadows start looking correctly only when we allocate 6 shadow slots in settings. As Anis has explained memory slots are allocated in chunks of 4 and area light inefficiently allocates itself in the second chunk (because it can't span over two memory chunks, from slot 4 to 5).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first