Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Graphics.CopyTexture fails to copy textures into a Texture2DArray for certain TextureFormats
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (CopyTextureBug)
2. Attach the script 'TextureArrayTest.cs' to the 'Main Camera'
3. Enter Play Mode and check the Console window
Expected result: copying textures into an array succeeds without any errors
Actual result: copying certain textures into an array fails with 'Invalid Format' errors
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0b4, 2018.3.0b8, 2019.1.0a2, 2019.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2018.2.14f1, 2018.3.0b3, 2019.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Jul 22, 2019 13:43
I still have this in 2019.1.10f1
Dec 11, 2018 00:59
Yep. This bug has now made it's way into 2018.2 and 2018.3 and has consequently broken the very popular and useful Microsplat. Please don't ignore this issue Unity as it does not help anyone just fixing it in the alpha series 2019.
Dec 09, 2018 18:25
Fix needed folks. Would also appreciate if you didn't close bugs that are still active in mainstream builds.
Dec 08, 2018 03:26
Now this bug has propagated the bug to 2018.2.19f1, so both 2018.2 and 2018.3 lines are broken because of this.
Nov 23, 2018 13:34
Assuming the fix will appear in 2018.3b12 then? :-/
Nov 17, 2018 08:47
Yay! Assuming the fix will appear in 2018.3b11
Nov 07, 2018 14:58
broken in beta4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
Oct 30, 2018 10:18
Oct 29, 2018 22:03
This one's a show stopper for me.
Oct 29, 2018 13:16
Same. We really need this fixed!