Search Issue Tracker
[GPU PLM][M1] Editor freezes during GI bake on Apple Silicon machine when certain lightmapping settings are used
You'll need a Mac M1 Apple Silicon machine and Arm64-based Editor installed.
Steps to repro:
1. Download the attached project and open "Sponza" scene on the OSX with Apple Silicon architecture;
2. In the Preferences window (Unity>Preferences>GI Cache) press Clean Cache button;
3. Drag and drop "SponzaLightingDay" scene to the Hierarchy;
4. In the Hierarchy double-click on the SponzaLightingDay scene to make it active scene;
5. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) press Generate Lighting button.
The GI is baked without errors/freezes/crashes.
Editor freezes at the end of the bake (seemingly before the reflection probe baking stage). See attached screenshot.
- Reproducible in Version 2021.2.0a20;
- Reproducible only on Apple Silicon machine; could not reproduce on the Intel based Mac machine or on Windows;
- Does not repro if baking with lightmap resolution set to 35;
- Does not repro when filtering is disabled in the lighting settings;
- Another possible symptom: Script Compilation error is always shown in the Background tasks window while running the project on Apple M1 machine (not shown on Intel-based Mac machine).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build