Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
[GPU PLM] Crash in PVRJobCompositeLightmap after falling back to CPU PLM when baking 4k terrain with Optix denoiser
Steps to repro:
1. Download the repro project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=157bdSI17Wvl53vaTGf_cIbLNwT0yFKQi
2. Open 't1BugTerrainScratch' scene;
3. In the Lighting window setting click 'Generate Lighting' button.
Baking finishes successfully. Fallback to CPU PLM happens gracefully.
Editor crashes in PVRJobCompositeLightmap after falling back to CPU PLM.
Some valuable data from the Editor.log:
'Baked lightmap filtering failed during bake. Try disabling the Optix denoiser or lower the Lightmap Size.
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor/Src/GI/Progressive/Jobs/PVRJobCompositeLightmap.cpp Line: 1846)'
See attached Editor.log file.
- Reproducible only in lighting/radeonrays/terrain-alloc branch (this crash was masked under a different RadeonRays crash); will be in trunk when this branch hits trunk;
- Reproducible on Windows 10 with NVIDIA GTX 1070 GPU (8Gb of VRAM);
- The crash is related to Optix denoiser failing to allocate VRAM for denosing the lightmap
- Doesn't reproduce when Filtering is set to None in the Lighting settings;
- Doesn't reproduce with the lightmap size = 1024; Reproducible only when the lightmap size is 4096.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Jun 26, 2019 09:29
I have a very simple scene and i'm doing nothing crazy but this is a really big issue for me as i NEED certain 2019 features.
i'm using version 2019.1.8f1
CPU: i7 9700K
GPU: RTX 2060
Apr 27, 2019 01:32
It's still a fantastic bug in 2019.1.0f2. Sometimes it even crashes! its happening without terrain. 2018 baked everything fine, same settings in 2019 and everything is acting strange, wtf is going on?!