Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1
[GPU PLM] Crash in PVRJobCompositeLightmap after falling back to CPU PLM when baking 4k terrain with Optix denoiser
Steps to repro:
1. Download the repro project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=157bdSI17Wvl53vaTGf_cIbLNwT0yFKQi
2. Open 't1BugTerrainScratch' scene;
3. In the Lighting window setting click 'Generate Lighting' button.
Baking finishes successfully. Fallback to CPU PLM happens gracefully.
Editor crashes in PVRJobCompositeLightmap after falling back to CPU PLM.
Some valuable data from the Editor.log:
'Baked lightmap filtering failed during bake. Try disabling the Optix denoiser or lower the Lightmap Size.
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor/Src/GI/Progressive/Jobs/PVRJobCompositeLightmap.cpp Line: 1846)'
See attached Editor.log file.
- Reproducible only in lighting/radeonrays/terrain-alloc branch (this crash was masked under a different RadeonRays crash); will be in trunk when this branch hits trunk;
- Reproducible on Windows 10 with NVIDIA GTX 1070 GPU (8Gb of VRAM);
- The crash is related to Optix denoiser failing to allocate VRAM for denosing the lightmap
- Doesn't reproduce when Filtering is set to None in the Lighting settings;
- Doesn't reproduce with the lightmap size = 1024; Reproducible only when the lightmap size is 4096.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- VFX Graph not retaining reference to custom spawner
- [URP] Blend Style panel is translucent and appears to be of different colour
- ProjectFilesGenerator.ProjectFileGeneration event isn't raised
- [Asset Import] Errors thrown on creating a project using microgame templates
- A game object is instantiated in a translated transform position when it is instantiated as a child of a new parent object