Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[GPU PLM] GPU lightmapper doesn't work on Linux any more
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download, unzip and open the case 1263018 New Unity Project 19.4 upgrade.zip project that uses GPU lightmapper.
2) Start a lighting bake.
3) Observe the error:
2020.1.0a20 fail with: Failed to find a suitable OpenCL device for the GPU Lightmapper, falling back to CPU lightmapper. Please install the latest graphics driver.
Later versions fail with: [PathTracer] Failed to add geometry for mesh 'Cube'; mesh is missing required attribute(s). Please make sure the mesh contains at least positions, normals and texcoord0.
Tested using Ubuntu 18.4 with Nvidia driver version 440 (latest recommended driver on Ubuntu). I have tried both 1050Ti and 1080Ti with same result. Same on the 395 driver.
The CreateRRAPIFromOpenClContext function is found in the dynamic library and its input parameters look valid but calling it fails.
Works in these versions:
Broken in these versions (Failed to find a suitable OpenCL device for the GPU Lightmapper, falling back to CPU lightmapper. Please install the latest graphics driver.):
The regression was introduced by https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/99082/_/platform/linux/opencl-cleanup.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs