Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.3.X
Glossiness is not imported when importing FBX materials through the script
How to reproduce:
1. Open project "UrpImportBug.zip"
2. Observe the "FbxWithShininess" glossiness in the Scene window
3. Open script "MaterialDescriptionOverrides.cs" (Assets>MaterialDescriptionOverrides)
4. Uncomment 47th line "material.SetFloat("_Glossiness", glossiness);" and save the script
5. In the Editor go to Project window and in the search bar write "FbxWithShininess"
6. Select "FbxWithShininess" right-click and choose Reimport
7. Repeat step 2
Expected result: Glossiness is imported without using a script
Actual result: Glossiness is only set when using a postprocessor as a workaround
Reproducible with: 2019.4.31f1, 2020.3.20f1, 2021.1.25f1, 2021.2.0b16, 2022.1.0a12
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator