Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
[GLES 2] Shader compiler produces calls to the bitfield functions that are only available on GLES3.1
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached '1271876.zip' project
2. Build and Run to an iOS or Android device
Expected result: Shader compiler does not produce calls to the bitfield functions and error that bitwise operations are not officially supported on GLES2 is thrown
Actual result: Shader compiler produces calls to the bitfield functions and throws 'ERROR: 0:71: Invalid call of undeclared identifier 'bitfieldExtract' error
Reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.11f1, 2020.1.7f1, 2020.2.0b4
iPad Air 2 (iOS 11.0.3)
iPhone 8+ (iOS 12.0)
iPhone XR (iOS 13.4.1)
iPad 9.7’ 6th gen (iOS 14.2)
Aug 09, 2021 11:42
Dear Unity employee,
I noticed a similar bug in Unity vs 2019.4.14f1
I installed that unity version at november 18, 2020.
A resolution note above says that it is fixed for 2019.4.
But it did not specify the date of the fix. Would it be possible to add the date to the resolution note?
(it may avoid removing re-downloading and re-installing Unity for me and other people - potentially for naught)
Thanks in advance!
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0b9
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.10f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.13f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.4):
Fixed in 2018.4.29f1