Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
GICache related warning when the out of process importer is active
How to reproduce:
1) Open a project.
2) Drag a new texture into the project.
3) Select the new texture in the inspector
4) A warning is printed: The GI Cache is using increasing amounts of space on your hard drive to support concurrent Editors generating lighting. To prevent failed bakes, close all other instances of the Unity Editor.
The warning is logged about 42 (:42:!) times in my editor. But, I’m never running several editors at the same time!
Wild guess: maybe the whole system is detecting that new “asset preview generation & search indexing asset database worker” process that is spawned in the background all the time, without user being aware of it, since 2021.1 or so?
Regression was introduced in https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/117241/_/lighting/bugfix/1266726
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated