Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
GICache related warning when the out of process importer is active
How to reproduce:
1) Open a project.
2) Drag a new texture into the project.
3) Select the new texture in the inspector
4) A warning is printed: The GI Cache is using increasing amounts of space on your hard drive to support concurrent Editors generating lighting. To prevent failed bakes, close all other instances of the Unity Editor.
The warning is logged about 42 (:42:!) times in my editor. But, I’m never running several editors at the same time!
Wild guess: maybe the whole system is detecting that new “asset preview generation & search indexing asset database worker” process that is spawned in the background all the time, without user being aware of it, since 2021.1 or so?
Regression was introduced in https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/117241/_/lighting/bugfix/1266726
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs