Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
GICache related warning when the out of process importer is active
How to reproduce:
1) Open a project.
2) Drag a new texture into the project.
3) Select the new texture in the inspector
4) A warning is printed: The GI Cache is using increasing amounts of space on your hard drive to support concurrent Editors generating lighting. To prevent failed bakes, close all other instances of the Unity Editor.
The warning is logged about 42 (:42:!) times in my editor. But, I’m never running several editors at the same time!
Wild guess: maybe the whole system is detecting that new “asset preview generation & search indexing asset database worker” process that is spawned in the background all the time, without user being aware of it, since 2021.1 or so?
Regression was introduced in https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/117241/_/lighting/bugfix/1266726
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Prefab copies are generated every frame and exceptions are thrown when its dragged into the Scene view