Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
GICache related warning when the out of process importer is active
How to reproduce:
1) Open a project.
2) Drag a new texture into the project.
3) Select the new texture in the inspector
4) A warning is printed: The GI Cache is using increasing amounts of space on your hard drive to support concurrent Editors generating lighting. To prevent failed bakes, close all other instances of the Unity Editor.
The warning is logged about 42 (:42:!) times in my editor. But, I’m never running several editors at the same time!
Wild guess: maybe the whole system is detecting that new “asset preview generation & search indexing asset database worker” process that is spawned in the background all the time, without user being aware of it, since 2021.1 or so?
Regression was introduced in https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/117241/_/lighting/bugfix/1266726
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first