Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
"generated inconsistent result" warning when reimporting single asset
1. Open attached project "InconsistentResult.zip" and scene "Scene"
2. In Project window, reimport "Forward.asset"
3. Observe Console window
Expected result: no error
Actual result: "Importer(NativeFormatImporter) generated inconsistent result for asset(guid:8aa25a71635ef2140bcab240d45a5687) "Assets/Forward.asset"
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler ()" error
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b4, 2020.2.5f1, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.2.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.0b3
Deleting the project's Library folder or doing "Reimport All" fixes the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android][Vulcan] "UNITY_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION_PRETRANSFORM" is always 0 when the render pipeline is URP
- Editor loads for a long time when doing an Undo action in a large Shader Graph
- Memory leak when building AssetBundles
- [Asset Bundle] AudioSource output field not staying connected correctly when loaded from Asset Bundle
- [Android] Duolashock4 controller is not detected after disconnecting and reconnecting controller while the Player is running in the background