Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
"generated inconsistent result" warning when reimporting single asset
1. Open attached project "InconsistentResult.zip" and scene "Scene"
2. In Project window, reimport "Forward.asset"
3. Observe Console window
Expected result: no error
Actual result: "Importer(NativeFormatImporter) generated inconsistent result for asset(guid:8aa25a71635ef2140bcab240d45a5687) "Assets/Forward.asset"
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler ()" error
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b4, 2020.2.5f1, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.2.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.0b3
Deleting the project's Library folder or doing "Reimport All" fixes the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
- Go wide on shader compression
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Speech Recognition is not supported error is thrown when setting Unity Hub and Unity version to run as an administrator