Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
"generated inconsistent result" warning when reimporting single asset
1. Open attached project "InconsistentResult.zip" and scene "Scene"
2. In Project window, reimport "Forward.asset"
3. Observe Console window
Expected result: no error
Actual result: "Importer(NativeFormatImporter) generated inconsistent result for asset(guid:8aa25a71635ef2140bcab240d45a5687) "Assets/Forward.asset"
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler ()" error
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b4, 2020.2.5f1, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.2.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.0b3
Deleting the project's Library folder or doing "Reimport All" fixes the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- Crash on LinearCollectionField::LinearCollectionField after a 'm_ArrayField != SCRIPTING_NULL' assertion when opening a project
- Import Activity Window takes long time to open
- [Android] Artifacts appear in texture Preview Window on Android Platform when selected Override ETC2 fallback is 16-bit
- Child Canvas' Sorting Layer is changed to the same value as the parent Canvas after interacting with Dropdown UI object