Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
"generated inconsistent result" warning when reimporting single asset
1. Open attached project "InconsistentResult.zip" and scene "Scene"
2. In Project window, reimport "Forward.asset"
3. Observe Console window
Expected result: no error
Actual result: "Importer(NativeFormatImporter) generated inconsistent result for asset(guid:8aa25a71635ef2140bcab240d45a5687) "Assets/Forward.asset"
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler ()" error
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b4, 2020.2.5f1, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.2.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.0b3
Deleting the project's Library folder or doing "Reimport All" fixes the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform