Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.1
[Android S6] Performance drop in 5.3.0f3 compared to 5.3.0f2
android S6 performance regression from f2 to f3.
Test 1) We recreated a custom build of the Flier Project mentioned earlier that simulates a VR rendering load without the VR rendering pipeline. We added two cameras with equallay sized viewports that render onto each half of the android screen then disabled VR mode. I tested this on an S6 and found the performance to be in general worse on f3 than f2 regardless of the Dyanmic Batching setting.
Test 2) After deciding that this is a GPU bound issue we created a small but GPU heavy test scene to isolate the problem. In this project (which I will attach below) we built a stock android application and observed much better performance on 5.3.0f2 than on 5.3f3. The issue seems to be a part of the 'Clear' call in Graphics.RenderOpaqueGeometry. It takes over 20ms to complete in 5.3.0f3 . (see screen shot attached).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI Toolkit's MinMaxSlider snaps unexpectedly in Runtime
- [2D] [URP] Objects are rendered twice when Foremost Sorting Layer is enabled
- Physics applied to Rigidbody is not fully disabled when setting the Rigidbody to Kinematic
- Scene view turns black when using a custom Mesh Renderer
- VFX Graph ZWrite has no effect when using URP PostProcessing DoF effect