Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X, 2019.1.X
GC.Collect() to be called at regular intervals causing noticeable lag spikes when using Bolt asset
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached PeriodGcCollect2017.zip project
2. Enter the Play Mode
3. Go to Profiler window -> select Profiler Editor
Actual: Periodic CPU spikes appear (inspect users attached .png files)
Reproducible with: 2018.3.9f1, 2019.1.0b7, 2019.2.0a8
May 02, 2019 18:44
Spoke too fast. The issue definitely isn't fixed in 2018.3.14f1.
Apr 29, 2019 19:31
Bolt developer here. From early tests in 2018.3.14f1, it seems like the issue is indeed fixed.
Apr 13, 2019 19:45
So here it says it's fixed but a QA person on fobugz says it's only improved but not fixed. So which one is it?
Mar 24, 2019 23:53
Forced us to revert Unity from 19.1 to 18.2
Mar 24, 2019 23:52
Issue seems to be reproduced with PUN for us as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Parallax mapping with UVs set other than UV0 plugged into sample texture 2d produces an error
- Objects with single letter name won't show up in hierarchy search results
- The GameObject is not transparent when setting CameraDepthTexture as a depth render target
- SRP Lens Flares with Occlusion enabled inconsistently shine through objects
- "Can not play a disabled audio source" is thrown when audio is toggled on with disabled Audio Source in the Scene
Resolution Note (2019.2.X):
This is not a bug introduced in 18.3. This is the profiler accurately displaying a spike that was already there but went unreported.