Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[GPUPLM] Gameobject's unlit side has a hard shadow split when Progressive GPU Lightmapper is used
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "Area_Light_Bug_GPUPLM" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Open the Lighting window (Window->Rendering->Lighting Settings)
4. Under the Lightmapping Settings set the Lightmapper to "Progressive CPU"
5. Generate Lighting and take note of shadows on the Sphere
6. Change the Lightmapper to "Progressive GPU" and Generate Lighting
Expected results: The shadows look the same
Actual results: With "Progressive GPU" Lightmapper there's a hard split in between of the Sphere where the shadow starts
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a12, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b5, 2021.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.20f1, 2020.1.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- Modifying Rigidbody2D.position doesn't stop interpolation when called during the FixedUpdate callback.
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac