Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[GPUPLM] Gameobject's unlit side has a hard shadow split when Progressive GPU Lightmapper is used
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "Area_Light_Bug_GPUPLM" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Open the Lighting window (Window->Rendering->Lighting Settings)
4. Under the Lightmapping Settings set the Lightmapper to "Progressive CPU"
5. Generate Lighting and take note of shadows on the Sphere
6. Change the Lightmapper to "Progressive GPU" and Generate Lighting
Expected results: The shadows look the same
Actual results: With "Progressive GPU" Lightmapper there's a hard split in between of the Sphere where the shadow starts
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a12, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b5, 2021.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.20f1, 2020.1.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window