Search Issue Tracker
GameObjects glitch out in Game view when their world coordinates are set to a large number
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open original project
2. Press "Play"
3. Press the "Move" UI button in the top right corner until coordinates show "5000"
4. Observe "UnityChan" GameObject
Expected results: Rendering of the GameObject should not be affected by the world coordinates.
Actual results: GameObject starts displaying visual artifacts when world scale is set to a large number (video included).
Reproduced in: 2017.4.18f1, 2018.3.2f1, 2019.1.0a13
Similar issues will occur in Unity when using floating point precision in large scales, same with multiple cases like terrain and lighting. Won't fix.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"