Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
Plane with Cloth component is affected by high external force when in Play mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached 'project-1173813.zip' project
2. Enter Play mode
Expected result: cloth stays relatively still
Actual result: cloth starts flying (as if a lot of external force is applied)
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a7, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.31f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
Jul 27, 2022 10:14
Aug 22, 2019 18:01
I originally logged the bug with the sample which was easy to reproduce, literally the most basic cloth example add cloth to a plane in the newest official release. I had tapestries in a castle before 2019.2 with cloth working beautifully and after I updated to 2019.2 all the tapestries went crazy and flew straight up or balled up into what looked like a black hole a combination of whatever external forces I had programmed to give the tapestries a look of airflow down a passageway with whatever odd external force applies randomly to the cloth without any adjustment by myself. According to the bug status they have fixed it in 2020.1 and are working to fix it for the latest 2019 version alpha/beta and release. Crossing my fingers on the next official release update having it fixed. It could be something funky with whatever code segment handles gravity as an external force and that is causing the odd and seemingly random movement of the cloth, which is why people keep referring to the gravity system but whatever the case I'm hoping its thoroughly tested as they are doing updates to make the cloth system better as part of 2019.
Aug 16, 2019 12:26
Try to reset rotation or set cloth.useGravity = false . The problem is related to cloth gravity.