Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
GameObject is not animated when the Animator Component is enabled during Play Mode and Culling Mode is set to "Cull Completely"
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1263490_AnimatorCullCompletely.zip" project
2. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
3. Select the "Animator" GameObject in the Hierarchy window
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Press the Space bar once to enable the Animator Component
6. Observe the Game view
Expected result: The "Animator" GameObject is animated when the Animator Component is re-enabled during Play Mode with Culling Mode set to "Cull Completely"
Actual result: The "Animator" GameObject is not animated when the Animator Component is re-enabled during Play Mode with Culling Mode set to "Cull Completely"
Reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.7f1, 2020.1.1f1, 2020.2.0a20
- If the Animator Component's Culling Mode is set to either "Animate Always" or "Cull Update Transforms" and the Animator Component is enabled during Play Mode, the "Animator" GameObject will be animated
- If the Animator Component is not disabled before entering Play Mode, the "Animator" GameObject will be animated even with Culling Mode set to "Cull Completely"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pressing Control when the Scene View is in focus logs a "CommandBuffer: temporary render texture not found while executing" warning
- [Android] UI is being scaled up on some Android devices when the referenced resolution in the "Canvas Scaler" component is larger than the actual screen resolution of the device
- Resizing the Scene View causes the Editor to lag when the Canvas contains many items and it's Rect Transform size is changed
- Gizmo Settings Menu overflows to another monitor when the Scene View is expanded
- [Android] Sprite transparency does not work when using RGB ETC1 format and a warning is shown "Cannot compress to ETC1. The split alpha channel and compression to ETC1 requires a packing tag."