Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
GameObject is not animated when the Animator Component is enabled during Play Mode and Culling Mode is set to "Cull Completely"
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1263490_AnimatorCullCompletely.zip" project
2. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
3. Select the "Animator" GameObject in the Hierarchy window
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Press the Space bar once to enable the Animator Component
6. Observe the Game view
Expected result: The "Animator" GameObject is animated when the Animator Component is re-enabled during Play Mode with Culling Mode set to "Cull Completely"
Actual result: The "Animator" GameObject is not animated when the Animator Component is re-enabled during Play Mode with Culling Mode set to "Cull Completely"
Reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.7f1, 2020.1.1f1, 2020.2.0a20
- If the Animator Component's Culling Mode is set to either "Animate Always" or "Cull Update Transforms" and the Animator Component is enabled during Play Mode, the "Animator" GameObject will be animated
- If the Animator Component is not disabled before entering Play Mode, the "Animator" GameObject will be animated even with Culling Mode set to "Cull Completely"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0a4