Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Game View displays unplaced Tile when it is visible on the Scene and other tab is selected
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" scene in the attached project
2. Open the Tile Palette window
3. Select a Tile from the Tile Palette
4. Hover the cursor with the selected Tile near the edge of the Scene View window
5. Click another tab to hide the Scene tab, while the selected Tile is still visible on the scene
6. Check the Game View window
Expected behavior: The unplaced Tile is not visible in the Game View.
Actual behavior: The Tile that was not placed on the Tilemap is visible on the Game View.
Reproducible with - 2017.4.4f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b6
- Could not test on 2017.2.3p1 due to crash on ValidateAndUpdateTileAssetDirty (case 976411).
- Not tested on 2017.1 because 2D Tilemap was introduced in 2017.2.
- The unplaced Tile disappears when hovering the mouse over the Tile Palette window, or Tile Palette and then some other window.
Fixed in 2018.3.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off