Search Issue Tracker
Fullscreen Window mode ignores Supported Aspect Ratios when the player is running and resolution is changed
1. Open Display Settings window: Right-Click on desktop > Display Settings
2. Open the attached project "ResolutionBug_QA.zip"
3. Click File > Build Settings > Build and Run
4. Once the player opens, switch windows with Alt+Tab to Display Settings window and change the resolution to 1920x1080
5. When Windows prompts you with "Keep these display settings" window, click the Revert button
Expected result: The resolution is limited to 16:9 aspect ratio
Actual result: The Supported Aspect Ratio is ignored when the display resolution is changed
Reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2, 2022.2.0a1
- If the player launches without respecting 16:9 resolution (the player window is not letterboxed), rebuild the project using Exclusive Fullscreen mode, close the player and build once more with Fullscreen Window mode.
-Can't reproduce on macOS
-Reproduced the issue using 32:9 monitor
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
Resolution Note (2022.2.X):
The "Supported Aspect Ratios" setting merely removes non-matching resolutions from Screen.resolutions array.
Unity cannot enforce resolutions based on the supported aspect ratios due to the fact that the machine might not support rendering at resolutions constrained by the supported aspect ratios setting.