Search Issue Tracker
In Progress in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2023.1.0b8, 2023.2.0a4
[Frame Debugger] Frame Debugger window doesn’t open and throws errors when docked with game window
How to reproduce:
# Open any project
# Open and enable Frame Debugger
# Dock Frame Debugger window near the Game Window
# Try to focus the Frame Debugger tab
Expected result: Frame Debugger tab is opened
Actual result: Frame debugger is not opened, throws error
ArgumentException: Getting control 5's position in a group with only 5 controls when doing repaint
Reproducible with: 2022.2.0b12, 2023.1.0a15
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Project build fails with Console errors “Plugin 'grpc_csharp_ext.bundle' is used from several locations:” when building a project with Target Platform "macOS"
- Screen.resolutions returns resolutions that include the notch area when called on Macs with a notch
- Shader Graph Editor Throws Exception When Deleting Custom Function Node
- Outlines are visible on Mesh when Alpha Clipping is enabled and Surface Type is set to Opaque
- UI Elements are not getting focused when navigating through using arrow keys if they’re placed in a specific position
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.2.0a4):
Added a clearer error in the Frame Debugger window.
Frame Debugger is constantly getting data from the source it's trying to debug. When Frame Debugger is on the same tab as the Game Window nothing is being rendered to the Game Window, then the Frame Debugger can't capture anything.