Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.7
FormerlySerializedAs does not work when used on modified prefab properties
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Opn 'Main' scene
3. Inspect the 'Mission' prefab instance in the Hierarchy
4. Notice the 'Mission Duration' value is overriding the prefab value and set to 300
5. Open 'Mission.cs' script
6. Comment out the declaration of "MissionDuration"
7. Uncomment the declaration of "missionDuration"
8. Go back to Unity
9. Inspect the 'Mission' instance in the scene, notice the "Mission Duration" field is no longer using bold text, indicating it is no longer overriding the prefab value (though it does show the correct value of 300 because that's what's currently in memory)
10. Reopen the scene (doesn't matter if you save or not)
11. Inspect the 'Mission' instance in the scene
12. Notice the "Mission Duration" field has been reset back to the prefab value of 240 and is no longer marked as overriding the prefab
Note: Same behaviour on simple objects (not prefab instances) works as expected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TestRunner] NUnit tests doesn't time out when [Timeout()] attribute is set
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- [Build Pipeline, Meshes] Mesh Optimization is not using enabled Material Keywords
- [UWP][MR] Development console is in incorrect position in Window Mixed Reality app