Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.7
FormerlySerializedAs does not work when used on modified prefab properties
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Opn 'Main' scene
3. Inspect the 'Mission' prefab instance in the Hierarchy
4. Notice the 'Mission Duration' value is overriding the prefab value and set to 300
5. Open 'Mission.cs' script
6. Comment out the declaration of "MissionDuration"
7. Uncomment the declaration of "missionDuration"
8. Go back to Unity
9. Inspect the 'Mission' instance in the scene, notice the "Mission Duration" field is no longer using bold text, indicating it is no longer overriding the prefab value (though it does show the correct value of 300 because that's what's currently in memory)
10. Reopen the scene (doesn't matter if you save or not)
11. Inspect the 'Mission' instance in the scene
12. Notice the "Mission Duration" field has been reset back to the prefab value of 240 and is no longer marked as overriding the prefab
Note: Same behaviour on simple objects (not prefab instances) works as expected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Wrong aspect ratio in fullscreen of Standalone build when selected screen resolution is not native
- [Mac] Crash on ioAccelResourceListAddNewGroupAndResource when importing a large COLLADA model
- Prefab referenced Game Object is not removed from the Scene files when the reference field gets deleted
- Unity crashes on GC_grow_table when trying to deserialize an XML file
- [Build Callbacks] Build is not failing when BuildFailedException is thrown in the PostProcessScene Callback