Search Issue Tracker
Failed file import when editing files externally
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the user-supplied project with Unity 5.5.6f1
2. Open the scene SampleScene.
3. Open the file Assets/Localization/Book1.csv in MS Excel
4. Go back to Unity and hit play, notice the file being read in the Console window
5. Move the project to Unity 2019.1 while keeping the file Assets/Localization/Book1.csv opened in Excel.
6. Open the scene SampleScene and hit play.
7. Note the error printed in the console. (It can be expected because the file is being used)
8. Reimport the file with Excel either open or closed.
Expected: The file gets reimported successfully
Actual: The file becomes corrupted: "File couldn't be read"
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a1, 2019.1.3f1, 2019.2.9f1,
Not reproduced in: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.11f1, 2019.3.0a1 (infinite on start), 2019.3.0b6, 2020.1.0a8,
Note: Seems to be fixed in 2019.3 however, I can't find any duplicates and the customer needs the fix for 2019.1 assumingly
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
This is a duplicate of issue #1037669