Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Expanding all nodes of an endless tree that is using [SerializeReference] in the Inspector window causes an Editor freeze
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (SerializeReference)
2. Select 'New Some Thing' Asset in the Project window
3. In the menu bar select BugReport > Populate Selected 'Some Thing'
4. While holding Alt/Option key expand the 'Element 0/Left' element in the Inspector window
Expected result: the Editor does not freeze/a warning or error is displayed indicating an infinite reference loop
Actual result: Unity Editor freezes
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a2, 2019.3.0b3, 2020.1.0a4
Could not test with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.5f1, 2019.3.0a1('SerializeReference' not implemented/inaccessible)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"