Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Errors are spammed in the Console upon opening imported video in the Inspector tab when Target Platform is set to UWP
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. In File > Build Settings, make sure that Target Platform is set to Universal Windows Platform
3. Drag and drop the attached file "file_example_MP4_640_3MG.mp4" into the Project tab
4. Press on the imported file to open it in the Inspector tab
Expected results: There are no errors in the Console tab
Actual results: The following error is spammed in the Console tab:
"ArgumentException: Unknown platform passed to VideoClipImporter.GetTargetSetting (WSA), please use one of 'Default', 'Standalone', 'Android', 'iOS', 'Lumin', 'PS4', 'Switch', 'tvOS', 'WebGL', 'WSA', 'WebGL' or 'XboxOne'."
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.16f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b7, 2022.1.0a5
- Applying "Override for Windows Store Apps" and "Transcode" in the Inspector tab doesn't resolve the issue
- The number of errors increases when moving the cursor within the Inspector tab
- The issue reproduces with .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .mov, .ogg, and .webm files
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Platform name and platform group name changes for UWP had not been propagated to the VideoClipImporter. Changed the implementation to avoid depending on platform name to group name conversion, which was fragile.
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.1f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.28f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.24f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in: 2019.4.34f1