Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Errors are spammed in the Console upon opening imported video in the Inspector tab when Target Platform is set to UWP
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. In File > Build Settings, make sure that Target Platform is set to Universal Windows Platform
3. Drag and drop the attached file "file_example_MP4_640_3MG.mp4" into the Project tab
4. Press on the imported file to open it in the Inspector tab
Expected results: There are no errors in the Console tab
Actual results: The following error is spammed in the Console tab:
"ArgumentException: Unknown platform passed to VideoClipImporter.GetTargetSetting (WSA), please use one of 'Default', 'Standalone', 'Android', 'iOS', 'Lumin', 'PS4', 'Switch', 'tvOS', 'WebGL', 'WSA', 'WebGL' or 'XboxOne'."
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.16f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b7, 2022.1.0a5
- Applying "Override for Windows Store Apps" and "Transcode" in the Inspector tab doesn't resolve the issue
- The number of errors increases when moving the cursor within the Inspector tab
- The issue reproduces with .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .mov, .ogg, and .webm files
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first