Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.13f1, 2023.1.0b10, 2023.2.0a8
Error "MissingComponentException" is thrown when clicking on Prefab with CanvasRenderer component
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project "IN_21874"
2. In Assets press -> "Prefabs" -> "Network" -> "Player" prefab
3. Observe the Console
Expected result: no errors
Actual result: errors
Reproducible with: 2022.1.23f1, 2022.2.0b15, 2023.1.0a19
Couldn't test with: 2020.3.42f1, 2021.3.14f1 (due to compiler errors when downgrading)
Reproducible on: Windows 10 Pro
Full error: [Worker0] MissingComponentException: There is no 'CanvasRenderer' attached to the "healthMask" game object, but a script is trying to access it.
You probably need to add a CanvasRenderer to the game object "healthMask". Or your script needs to check if the component is attached before using it.
UnityEngine.UI.Mask.OnDisable () (at Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Runtime/UI/Core/Mask.cs:99)
UnityEditor.AssetPreviewUpdater:CreatePreviewForAsset(Object, Object, String)
Note: “CanvasRenderer” is attached to a “healthMask” GameObject
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Vertex data is displaced when building with Addressables with Optimize Mesh Data enabled
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode