Search Issue Tracker
ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when deleting Japanese characters in Input Field
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1201105"
2. Load "SampleScene"
3. Make sure you have Japanese IME installed
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Start rapidly typing "a" (あ using Japanese IME) and backspace
6. Enter and delete the character ~50 times
Expected result: you can type and delete Japanese characters with no errors
Actual result: quickly typing and deleting Japanese characters throws an exception:
"ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: count"
Reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2020.1.a15
Notes: Bug occurs very rarely, between 3 and 200 cycles of entering and deleting a character with the average being ~40-50. Significantly easier to reproduce using Unity Editor on iOS due to faster working IME (in order to reproduce more consistently on Windows, Build and Run the project). Reproducible using both default Input Field and the TextMeshPro Input Field.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unpacking nested Prefabs causes their references to be set back to Prefabs instead of GameObjects in Scene
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- ListView in a Modal Window does not repaint when mousing over list's items