Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when deleting Japanese characters in Input Field
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1201105"
2. Load "SampleScene"
3. Make sure you have Japanese IME installed
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Start rapidly typing "a" (あ using Japanese IME) and backspace
6. Enter and delete the character ~50 times
Expected result: you can type and delete Japanese characters with no errors
Actual result: quickly typing and deleting Japanese characters throws an exception:
"ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: count"
Reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2020.1.a15
Notes: Bug occurs very rarely, between 3 and 200 cycles of entering and deleting a character with the average being ~40-50. Significantly easier to reproduce using Unity Editor on iOS due to faster working IME (in order to reproduce more consistently on Windows, Build and Run the project). Reproducible using both default Input Field and the TextMeshPro Input Field.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pressing Control when the Scene View is in focus logs a "CommandBuffer: temporary render texture not found while executing" warning
- [Android] UI is being scaled up on some Android devices when the referenced resolution in the "Canvas Scaler" component is larger than the actual screen resolution of the device
- Resizing the Scene View causes the Editor to lag when the Canvas contains many items and it's Rect Transform size is changed
- Gizmo Settings Menu overflows to another monitor when the Scene View is expanded
- [Android] Sprite transparency does not work when using RGB ETC1 format and a warning is shown "Cannot compress to ETC1. The split alpha channel and compression to ETC1 requires a packing tag."