Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when deleting Japanese characters in Input Field
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1201105"
2. Load "SampleScene"
3. Make sure you have Japanese IME installed
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Start rapidly typing "a" (あ using Japanese IME) and backspace
6. Enter and delete the character ~50 times
Expected result: you can type and delete Japanese characters with no errors
Actual result: quickly typing and deleting Japanese characters throws an exception:
"ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: count"
Reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2020.1.a15
Notes: Bug occurs very rarely, between 3 and 200 cycles of entering and deleting a character with the average being ~40-50. Significantly easier to reproduce using Unity Editor on iOS due to faster working IME (in order to reproduce more consistently on Windows, Build and Run the project). Reproducible using both default Input Field and the TextMeshPro Input Field.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Recursive rendering refraction is very different compared to Rasterization/PathTracing
- [VFX] SMR sampling first frame after culling in T-Pose
- Can't select color from Editor with color picker when Unity Editor is on Secondary monitor
- [Linux] "Error while reading movie" errors in Learning templates due to unsupported .mov video format
- [Android] Crash with Signal 11 when opening app from floating icon state